What, how am I celebrating my last birthday in the twenties this Friday already? I think I could actually say for first time I feel my age, ha-ha, but don’t look it! I have always said from the get go that I would share some personal thoughts on here, so here it goes. I have seen and felt some changes within myself this past year. Does this really come with age?
One of things I have noticed recently, is the lack of motivation I have for exercising. Anyone else with me? I used to be so good about getting home and going for long runs and now it’s a constant battle within myself to get some exercise done. Even stretching has been a struggle for me. I have always been one to incorporate stretching before and after any exercise since college, but even today I sometimes feel extra tight and some slight pain on my lower back. I love/hate running, however the slight pain I have been feeling on my lower back hasn’t helped my situation. It has been years since I have done weight training, although I did cross fit last year for a few months for the wedding, but I am hoping I can get back to that as well. I would also like to add that my eating habits have been rather horrible lately too, which has a lot to do with my energy level. Anyway, after talking to some professionals and friends identifying the proper stretching techniques especially for running, has been helping me with the pain and I have started slowly running again! If you suggest any natural energy remedies let me know below!
Another noticeable change I have seen is on my face. I mean I know I’ve had rosacea, but I could get away without wearing any makeup. It wasn’t until this past November that my rosacea got intense. My face occasionally goes through outbreaks that is caused by rosacea, but I’m slowly adjusting to figuring out products and foods that are not good for my face. I have also tried different products that I’m finding that has helped calm my redness, but this can be another post if you all would be interested. I am also starting to get facials, which I have never done before and I’m seeing that, that has also helped. Right before returning to work this year, I notice a few faint forehead lines which is natural to get about this age, but this was a “omg I’m getting old moment for me lol! I was totally freaked out when I saw this! I have been using anti-aging creams since and I know they recommend that you start using this at early 20’s, but of course I never listened.Oops.
In all, we really are our biggest critics and it might not look as bad as we think it is, but we are so hard on ourselves when it comes to having it all together and looking our best.
I wanted to share this, because we all have our own imperfections and struggles! Although others do a better job embracing it or hiding it, I just want to remind you that you are beautiful in your own imperfect way!
Okay, so now for my birthday wish list! I thought I would share my birthday wish list with items under $100, because maybe you all are looking into getting some birthday gifts for that special someone, therefore I wanted the prices to be reasonable. Why lie, I am also doing this just in case my husband or family is reading this and is looking into getting me a little something!
- Oversized Brown Sunglasses: I added this to my birthday list because I’m in need of some new sun glasses, especially in brown. Also, because these remind me of the 63mm Gradient Oversize Butterfly Gucci Sunglasses that I will probably never purchase!
2. Kendra Scott Ring: I have been into the rings lately, so I came across this one last month and I really liked it! Honestly at this point, any statement rings will put a smile on my face!
3. Pullover Sweater: I could literally live in comfortable and fluffly sweaters, especially in cold weather!
4. Double layer Necklace: I really love how the double layer pendants look like and it is something I keep telling myself I will purchase since the summer. It hasn’t happened it.
5. Wool Hat: Okay, although it takes forever for Fall weather to arrive to South Texas, I really think this wool hat would look cute with my outfits!
6. Letter Initial Necklace: This huge letter initial has been a trending piece for a lot of bloggers and I love how this looks! I certainly need to get my hands on one, especially since I have a new last name!
7. Ugg Slippers: I have been asking my hubby for these slippers since last December, but I am hopeful that I will get them this year, lol!
8. Leopard Lunch bag: I always get a Betsey Johnson Lunch bag, because they always have such a cute collection! My co-workers know that that’s how I roll. I usually find them at Burlington, but I haven’t had any luck lately. I came across this print, so I just had to add it!
God Bless You Always!
Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Leave a Reply