It’s wedding season and we all love to celebrate such a beautiful blessing of two families becoming one, in style. Therefore today, I am sharing a color guide for wedding guests for every wedding season! However, before I jump into the color guide I think it is important to share TEN attire tips for any guests who will be attending a wedding soon!
Ten Attire Tips for Wedding Guests
- Make sure you know the Bridal party color theme! The last thing you want is to show up in the same colors as the bridal party. Although I recommend sticking to colors that complement the wedding party, you can always wear colors that are within the wedding season.
- What does the dress code imply? If the bridal party is sharing a dress code to their wedding guests, let’s be respectful of their wishes and follow the dress code. If they don’t share attire and you are in doubt, my tip will be dress up (formal) for the occasion!
- NEVER, EVER wear white. I know this might be a duh moment, but you never know!
- Consider the location and time of the wedding prior to picking your attire.
- Dress up, but don’t be bold. We want the center of attention to be on the bride and bridal party.
- Consider the venue for footwear! You want to bring shoes you can dance all night in!
- Do pick an outfit that you will feel comfortable in all night.
- Don’t wear anything too short, too tight, or too revealing. All eyes should be on the Bride ladies.
- Do choose bold accessories! Little details like this can also add a trendy and fashionable look!
- When in doubt, ask the bridal party!
I wore this beautiful emerald green dress (comes in three different colors) to a December wedding. I can’t wait to have other occasions to were this piece again!
Emerald Green Dress / Shoes / Purse
God Bless You Always!
Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other.
How did you come up with the wedding guest attire color guide?! Is this common knowledge? It’s very helpful. I will be attending two weddings in August and appreciate the tips. That green dress is gorgeous by the way! 😍
Robin Lee says
Hi Asa, I did a lot of research lol on the most popular colors for wedding guests during those wedding seasons. Some of the months had so many options, hence more colors lol, so I tried to stick to colors that were most common from wedding guests during those months! I hope you enjoyed the post!
These are great tips!
I love the colour guide and your emerald green dress is just gorgeous!
Robin Lee says
Thank you Julia! I’m glad you enjoyed them!
Just pinned this post! I’m forever going crazy on what to wear for weddings! Thanks